Sunday, July 11, 2010

Called to Serve


Dad, cousin Alicen,& mom with awesome cake she made them.


Grandkids giving farewell wishes to my mom and dad.



My parents and us out to dinner one last time before they left.




My mom with 2 of her grandaughters the day before leaving.
On July 1st my parents arrived in Honduras to spend the next 3 years. My dad was called to serve in the San Pedro Sula, Honduras mission as mission president. Allthough we miss them a ton we know they and our families will be blessed by their service. There are many reasons why the mission is going to be blessed by them but here are 3 of my top reasons. First I'll start with my Dad...1.He is the most knowledgeable person I know in the gospel. 2. He works so hard at all he does and serves with all his heart. 3. He drops everything to help someone in need. (thank you dad for the times I've called you late at night and you never hesitated to come help me with whatever was going on). My mom...1. She raised 7 great kids so will have no problem being a "mom" to 200. 2. She is the greatest cook / baker and always has a good supply of chocolate on hand. 3. She always served in whatever calling faithfully and taught us the importance of serving and supporting your spouse in their service.
WE LOVE YOU MOM and DAD and wish you the best over the next few years!




2 comments:

  1. I have such great memories of your parents!! They will do an awesome job in Honduras. I know they will be greatly missed by you and your family. I hope you are doing OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful and thorough. I agreed with everything but the 7 kids part j/k but some of the others really have put mom and dad through hell but that's why they'll be great mission presidents down there in Honduras.

    ReplyDelete